Prepare for the Journey
Transport / PxW Benefits
During transit, pigs are exposed to various stressors (space restrictions, travel conditions and transit time), which can affect their overall health and well-being. Tonisity PxW is currently being used to provide support and hydration during these stressful periods to ensure pigs arrive in the best possible condition.
Use Tonisity PxW WeanBetter after transport, especially in weaning pigs, to facilitate a quicker transition to normal feeding behaviours and improve their hydration.
Directions for use:
- 1kg PxW Powder + 4L Fresh Water = PxW Solution
- 1 part PxW Solution + 100 parts Fresh Water = PxW Solution (1:100)
- Days 0, +1, +2 at weaning
- 1kg PxW Powder + 5L Fresh Water = PxW Solution
- PxW Solution + 500L = 500L Treated Water
Transport / Using PxW
- Water Supply System
- Add 1 kg of PxW powder to at least 5L of water in any suitable container
- Mix well until dissolved
- Add that mixture to a 500L water supply. 500L of treated water will supply 400-500 weaners for a day